Miami, FL – April 18, 2014 - Journalist and host Helen Ferre uncovers a long history of neglect with the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer System on Issues Reports, Friday, April 25, 7:30 pm on WPBT2. Clean water and sanitation are indispensable for good health and stable economic growth, but Miami-Dade County is facing a neglected water and sewer system that is estimated to cost the county billions of dollars.
Interviews in the program include:
• Ricardo Alvarez, Research Associate, Florida Center for Environmental Studies
• Emilio Azoy, President, AFSCME local 121
• Irela Bague, President & CEO, Bague Group and Past Vice Chair, Governing Board South Florida Water Management District 2004-2007
• Carlos Gimenez, Mayor, Miami-Dade County
• Albert Slap, Esq., Environmental Law Attorney, Law Offices of Albert J. Slap
• Douglas Yoder, Deputy Director, Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department
• Juan Carlos Zapata, Miami-Dade County Commission, District 11
Issues Reports is a new investigative program produced by WPBT2. It provides viewers with additional knowledge needed for making informed decisions affecting life in South Florida. A repeat is scheduled for Sunday, April 27 at Noon. Read more...