Community Television Foundation of South Florida, Inc. (“WPBT2”)
Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors. WPBT2 adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of your – and your children’s – personally identifiable information (full name, address, email address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
1. We collect information from you that you supply to us on a voluntary basis. We also collect an IP address from each visitor to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the website, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
2. In order to participate in some activities, you may be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for WPBT2 websites or services which require subscription (such as email newsletters)
- member contributions
- requests for membership information
- online transactions with the WPBT2 Mall
- content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms), comments and suggestions, or voting
3. WPBT2 may use your personally identifiable information of activities explained above for external and internal marketing promotional purposes.
4. Tell-A-Friend: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our website, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. WPBT2 will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the website. WPBT2 stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
5. Security: All information provided to WPBT2 is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a industry-standard, proven encoding system that enables your browser to automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of WPBT2. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
6. It is WPBT2’s policy to occasionally exchange mailing lists containing your information with other non-profit, non-political organizations. If you wish your name NOT to be exchanged, please call 1-800-222-9728 and advise us accordingly.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to third party websites. Please note that when you click on one of these outgoing links, you are entering another website for which WPBT2 has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Terms and Conditions
Please also make sure to read WPBT2’s Terms and Conditions to understand the additional terms and conditions which apply to your use of our sites.